Call for writers
Publish and Promote is seeking submissions for an anthology about personal stories that required bravery.
Publish and Promote will begin accepting submissions for their 2020 anthology, New Brave Voices Volume I, April 1, 2019.
What is bravery for you? New Brave Voices is a collection of personal stories about people who courageously transcended their fears. It’s an anthology featuring those who boldly faced insurmountable challenges and resistance, and dared to show up, step up, and speak up for what they believe in. Through their determination, they found the bravery to overcome adversity and to believe in themselves. This is your story.
New Brave Voices, Volume I is an anthology by Publish and Promote.
Open to entries: April 1, 2019 – June 30, 2019.
- Entrants: People with a personal story of bravery.
- Non-Fiction: 2,000 words.
- Theme: Personal bravery and courage.
- Writing experience preferred, but not mandatory.
- Word count: 2,000 words.
- All submissions must be previously unpublished either in print or online.
- Submissions must be in English.
- Manuscripts must be submitted via email in a Word document.
- Each author must include a third-person biography of a maximum of 200 words, which includes their website and or social media URLs, if desired.
- All entrants must be 18 years and older.
- Only one (1)entry per author.
- Open for submissions from April 1, 2019 to June 30, 2019, 11:59 pm EST.
- Entries that do not meet the above specifications will not be accepted.
STEP 1 Please complete the Pre-qualification form below and we will contact you.
STEP 2 If accepted, you will then be invited to submit your story and remit the participation fee.
Participation Fee: $700 USD
WHAT YOU RECEIVE:
Each contributing author will receive the following:
- 20 complimentary printed copies of the anthology for you to sell.
- Professional writing coaching, and developmental and copy editing of your story.
- Branded Facebook cover image with the author’s headshot to be used for promotional purposes.
- Notable mention in the book as a contributing author.
- Notable mention in media/press releases as a contributing author.
- This project is a partnership with the contributing authors. You’ll be working with our editorial team on the final composition of your story and editorial feedback will be provided.
- You will have final approval of your story, prior to publication.
- Copyright will remain with the author and the stories will be published in an anthology in a number of formats.
Email newbravevoices AT publishandpromote DOT ca
ABOUT PUBLISH & PROMOTE
We are a publishing education and services company dedicated to teaching you “the business of being a successful author”. Publish and Promote offers a wide range of services with a dedicated team of professionals: editing, book design, printing, book distribution, book marketing, book translation, profile management, and social media management and training.
W: publishandpromote.ca T: 888.767.8423